Thursday, March 27, 2014

march 6 the day

i n d i v i d u a l i t y

most of the time we define society as the polar opposite of the individual. i believe society more easily has reigns on people because of its power in numbers. this weekend i had another epiphany about how to form my own identity within a society in which i don't perfectly mold into. at an art exhibit ini which the apprciators of alex gray created a drum and dance ceremony for the crimson moon of the lunar eclipse, i realized "this is clubbing to me: nag champa, crystal singing bowls, drums and wind instruments, the freedoms of dancing like fools and encouragement of expression." from this realization i have figured out why i have felt not myself somewhere- because i have finally felt myself somewhere else.

"~as long as a construct remains a concept in your mind you have not transcended it~" -j.high-

'society' 'race' 'class' 'gender'- all of these ideas, or concepts, are constructed. as long as we perpetuate them, and try to figure out what is wrong with them instead of trying to transcend them, they will continue to exist and we will never figure out how to purify them. there is no purity in constructs. they are creations of our own suppositions of 'order' and therefore do not birth from the essential.

memory and habit-

'i'm curious' she says, 'what is your way'...'and why did you choose it?'

my way is lit by darkness
and is darkened by light
it is embracing curiosities
confusions & mysteries
the unfolding of the layers
of life become told
& realizations become epiphanies
and then contradictions
my way is the transience of
our breathing
knowing the constant change
of life
defines the puzzles that
make life
...interesting

my way is the tunnel
the muddled sound
the incandescent light
the wind on my face
my way is within
not before entering
not the entrance
not the exit
not after exiting
it is without beginning
it is without ending
it is the wind
that is ever-lasting
it is the water
that is ever-flowing
it is now
and now
between the split-seconds
splitting moments into
infinities
my way
is eternal
between the transient breaths
it is the inbetweenness
it is the negative space
it is the unseen untouchable
inside the transient thoughts
it is the profundity
it is the absurdity
it is the mysterious paradoxes
my way exists
as i exist
my way finds me
as i find my way

No comments: